Lab7 Systems’ vision is to reduce the level of hands-on data management by bioinformaticians, scientists, and IT teams who are struggling with the massive amounts of data that are being generated by modern analytical technologies, such as next-generation sequencing, mass spectrometry, cellular imaging, fMRI, and others. We understand that there is a critical need to develop a tool that will integrate the disparate and often disjointed scientific software toolkit that is being used, and thereby free up the valuable human resources who are currently tasked with doing this. We are all scientists from each of our core constituencies who have at one time or another faced the same issues, so we bring this intimate knowledge to our development process.
We are founded on the following core principles:
- Understanding the problems faced by biologists, bioinformaticians, and IT professionals
- Bringing extensive domain knowledge to tackle these core issues
- Making our platform easy to operate, easy to customize, and easy to maintain
- Being as transparent as possible
- Delivering the maximum functionality at a minimal price